So, a little progress update from class. I have been using the DINO for two weeks in class and have noticed a couple of things.
By far the best part has been the student engagement. Even my normally low-producers are doing their work! I realize this my simply be the honeymoon phase, but I know that by keeping material fresh, and allowing them the use of technology in ways that they identify with they will be much more engaged than they would be with paper and pencil.
So far adding files (merging, to be more specific), though a little technical, has gone well. Now we have only done it once, but I am hopeful that it will become second nature. I think the tutorial video helped, but it is also a pretty easy process.
Converting .pdf files into worksheets went really well! I couldn’t be happier with how they look and function. The key is putting your screen shots into a table. In OneNote the table will automatically adjust for any content they may add, so there is no overlap from one section of the worksheet to the next.
I did run across an interesting feature that bothers students. We were writing paragraphs and several students were frustrated at not being able to Tab to indent the beginning of the paragraph. They can do this using the space bar, but all in all they survived the trauma. 🙂
As you can see it has been a busy couple of weeks. Be sure you check in on the YouTube page for helpful videos and give the page a Like, it helps me feel loved! 🙂